|<< Renewal||New Membership >>|
Membership Renewal Invoices are available,
hit the RENEW button above!
Membership Rates (per annum)
(inclusive of GST)
|Individual||$ 250.00||Full Time Student||$ 20.00|
|Fellow||$ 250.00||Hort Therapy Assoc Member||$ 60.00|
|Corporate 2||$ 575.00||Retired||$ 110.00|
|Corporate 5||$1,155.00||Journal Subscription– in Aust||$ 83.00|
|Corporate 50||$8,250.00||Journal Subscription– Overseas||$ 92.00|
What will Parks and Leisure Australia Membership provide to me?
Advocacy at all levels
It’s nice to know someone is working in your best interests and speaking with the backing of a credible organisation when it comes to input on important industry issues. As a PLA member you will be:
- Represented on State and National committees and Review Boards.
- Given a voice at State and Federal Government level
- Represented in industry dealings with government agencies, businesses and community leaders.
Social and Professional Networking
Social and Professional networking is an important tool of the contemporary professional. Parks and Leisure Australia offers members the chance to share knowledge with parks and leisure professionals from around the world, as well as in the next city, through excellent actual and virtual forums including its:
- Email discussion lists linking members at State and National levels. A virtual team can help you solve a problem, offer advice or make suggestions.
- Annual conference. We present cutting edge industry information and you have the chance to interact with your peers from around the country.
- State conferences, regional meetings and special interest groups. These are ideal avenues for information exchange and social networking
- Social functions. A chance for members to interact and develop contacts on a more informal and personal level.
Information at your fingertips
Keep up with the latest developments worldwide through our:
- Quarterly industry leading publication, Australasian Parks and Leisure. The content of this full-colour glossy magazine reflects the range in our membership and has a strong professional development influence.
- Website, including members-only zone. Access the most up to date industry information quickly and easily on our interactive website Sign in to a secure members-only zone to read and download issues papers, conference notes, minutes from meetings and calendar events.
- Email discussion lists: Never miss cutting edge news and take advantage of instant messaging among members nationwide.
- Discounted issues papers: Read what the experts say on issues most affecting our industry – available to members at a discounted rate.
- National Special Interest Groups: Developed to formulate policy on industry issues. The latest progress is posted on our website and published in our journal and newsletter.
We encourage our members to extend their professional development objectives beyond those necessary for their current role. We cultivate this lifelong learning by offering:
- Discounted rates to the national conference – a forum for the latest National and International developments and trends.
- Discounted rates to professional development seminars. We run these in all regions across Australia. Topics are relevant to the current climate and are outcome focused.
- National and international scholarships.
When you join Parks and Leisure Australia, you will receive:
- The Quarterly Australasian Parks & Leisure journal
- A Quality certificate of membership
- Endorsement to use the initials MPLA after your name (individual members only)
- Discounted rates at all PLA functions
- Inclusion on your respective state-based email discussion list
- Access to members-only zone on website
Benefits of corporate membership:
- Each nominee will receive all information via a nominated contact.
- Flexibility in allowing any 2, 5, 50 persons (not just the nominated contacts) to any function at the member discounted rates.
- Each nominee receives a copy of each Australasian Parks and Leisure Journal
- Nominated contact can hold positions of office on Regional Councils
- Corporate membership is awarded to the Organisation - not an individual. The membership certificate is written out to the Organisation. Under this member classification, individuals within the Organisation cannot use affiliation initials after their name
Join PLA today
Individual members are members in their own right. Each individual member is entitled to the member benefits according to their type of membership, and is permitted one vote in the case of an election.
Corporate Memberships are taken out by an organisation, and representatives are nominated against that membership. Corporate memberships may extend member benefits to 2, 5 or 50 nominees. Each corporate membership is allowed one vote in the case of an election.
Corporate memberships can be taken out by organisations outside of Australia, please select the appropriate category below.
Affiliated membership groups include Horticultural Therapy and Environs Australia. Members of these groups should join PLA here. Membership rates vary for these types.
Join PLA here for subscription to Australasian Parks and Leisure.